Kathryn Kiefer is a senior level executive known for her ability to train broadcasters with the tools needed to succeed. Ms. Kiefer has exponentially raised competency of clients with specific areas directly effecting their work, with each program specifically developed to build on the strengths and eliminate the weaknesses of the individual. She has worked with major television market talent for the past twenty years and spent many decades as a top ten market anchor, reporter and producer.
In addition to assisting broadcasters she has worked with executives from many for-profit and not-for profit organizations teaching them how to be the face of the organization in order to raise the visibility of the entity through television, radio and print. She has also developed a model for securing social media with online exposure including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and blogs. For one organization alone, the results represent a media value of over 6 million dollars and impressions that exceed 100 million in a one year period.
Ms. Kiefer has also worked in healthcare for an Illinois based organization of 13 hospitals in two states as a consultant to the President and CEO and as Vice President of Communications. In that role Ms. Kiefer built the communications department from scratch, redesigned the website, created the first annual report and developed an agency approach to providing communications to the individual hospitals and regional grouping. Through e-communication she engaged the 16,000 colleagues to share their successes through website contributions that improved web visits from about 100 a month to 6,000 a month.
Returning now to her roots and passion, she is focusing entirely on broadcast talent and executives delivering coaching on all facets of oral communication.
Kathryn Kiefer’s community service is extensive and her advisory roles wide ranging. She has been consulted by a significant number of not for profits and has served on many boards.
- Greater St. Louis Community Foundation — Board Member. Community Engagement Committee
- St. Louis Forum — Board Member, Communications Chair
- Information Technology Education Fund, which provides media literacy and access to underserved populations in the region — Board Member, Former Board Chair and Former Advisory Board Member
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri — Former Board Member, Former Board Secretary and Former Chair of Marketing and Communications Committee
- Friends of the Edison Theatre, Washington University — Former Board Member
- Friends of the Sheldon — Board Member
- The Sheldon Arts Foundation — Former Board Member
- The Coro Foundation — Former Board Member
- United Way of Greater St. Louis — Former Community Grants Committee